Many of the same health problems that affect us, including hearing loss, also affect our pets. Fortunately, most pets adapt very well to the disability with a little help from their owners.View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 12-27-2016
It’s the holidays when parties, special foods, and busy times abound! Pets often get lost in the shuffle and find their way into hazards requiring an emergency visit to our Solomon’s veterinarian. Beware of these hazards to avoid an unplanned vet visit.
Chocolate is extremely toxic for dogs and cats, but did you know that onions, garlic, grapes and raisins are dangerous, too? The milky sap in poinsettias is also harmful to pets, and xylitol, a popular artificial sweetener found in sugar-free gum, candies and some foods, can be life-threatening. Keep an eye on your pet during your holiday parties and make sure the alcohol is well out of paw-reach. Household cleaners and of course, antifreeze, are can result in lethal poisoning for pets.
The precise symptoms depend on the type of poisoning, but if your pet exhibits any of these, call our vet immediately:
To prevent a visit to our veterinarian, beware of these additional holiday pet temptations:
Simply put, to keep your pet safe during the holidays, be aware! Keep your eye on him or her, or if you can’t, put your pet in a safe place until you can. The last thing either of you want is to visit our veterinarian at Solomon’s during this festive, fun season. Give us a call with questions and be sure to ask about our new client special.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.